If you’re a passionate fan of football, then you must know that Manchester United is one of the biggest clubs in England. The club has hosted and produced some of the biggest players in today’s football history.
With millions of United fans around the world, the club is a topic of discussion by many every single day. Whether you’re listening to the BBC sport presenters or reading a sports blog, you’ll always hear something concerning Manchester United.
If you’re a United fan, you’ll love to see these beautiful quotes about the club.
1. “When Manchester United are at their best, I am close to orgasm.” – Gianluca Viali
This is from a winner of three major European Club tournaments (UEFA Cup. European Cup, and Cup Winners Cup). He also played for Italy and managed the country’s football team in the past.
2. “At United, there are great traditions, which you can’t buy in 1 or 2 years. They’re created by victories. You need to prove again and again that you’re better than the others.” – Cristiano Ronaldo
Cristiano was a huge part of United’s success while he played for the club. And he’s also unarguably one of the greatest ever football players.
3. “When I think football, I think Machester United.” – Eric Cantona
Eric, a former United player who scored up to 82 goals in less than 5 years at the club, praises Manchester United as one of the greatest clubs.
4. “At Manchester United, we play to win. That’s my first mentality when I get onto the pitch. Then everything else comes with it.” – Romelu Lukaku
Lukaku was the fourth player who scored twice on his EPL debut for Man Utd. He made the statement while playing for the club before he moved to Inter Milan.
5. “When I have to make hard decisions, I always listen to the little boy inside me and what he wants. That little boy was screaming for United. This club breathes football” – Van Persie
The now-retired striker made the statement after joining Manchester United from Arsenal in 2012.
6. “The Premier club in the Premier League – that’s Manchester United!” – Martin Tyler
Tyler was an assistant manager and popular football commentator in England. No doubt, Martin was one of the secret passionate United fans.
7. “Playing for Manchester United is something that most people want and very few people do – but there is no harm in having a dream as long as you’re realistic with it” – David Gill, a former chief executive of United.
8. “I never wanted Manchester United to be second to anybody. Only the best would be good enough.” – Matt Busby
Matt is a part of United’s history that can’t be erased. He managed the club between 1945 to 1969.
9. “I know the city and the club, and I can tell you that when you play for Manchester United at Old Trafford, you no longer need to see sunshine every day.” – Patrice Evra
10. “My mind was always set on joining United. How can you not go to Manchester United? I do not play for the money. I play for glory and winning Championships.” – Dimitar Berbatov
Dimitar was the fiftieth player to score 50 goals for United. He left the club in 2012.